You need to be a native Polish Speaker or have an excellent command of Polish language both verbally and in writing at C2 Level.
Job Title: Dental Receptionist
Reports to: Practice Manager / Business Director / Clinical Director
Location: Ascroft Medical / 3 Ascroft Court, Peter Street, OL1 1HP Oldham
Duration: Initially a 1 year contract with potential to be extended to an indefinite contract.
Salary Scale: Attractive (between £8.21- £10 per hour), dependent on qualifications and experience.
Working Hours: 30-40 Hours, Shift work scheduled within the days/hours of: Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 20:00 Sat - Sun: 9:00 - 18:00
Benefits: Free medical services within the Clinic’s service delivery scope, policies and procedures.
Annual Leave: 28 days (for a five-day working week. Bank and public holidays included)
Who are we Ascroft Medical is an independent and medium size, private Medical Clinic serving a community of over 6500 patients. We accept registrations and care for any member of the community, however our patients are mainly Polish language speakers. We are expanding rapidly and have seen a consistent growth of British patients of other nationalities. We are based in Oldham, Manchester and are a Care Quality Commission registered medical practice for a range of specialisms/services delivered by a team of 22 doctors, nurses, dentists, receptionists and business development and governance staff. We offer the following services/specialisms: • Diagnostic and screening procedures • Maternity and midwifery services • Surgical procedures • Treatment of disease, disorder or injury • Dentistry
You may read more about the quality of our services at: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-2039078063
Job Purpose To provide a high quality, professional reception and administrative service to patients, doctors, staff, colleagues, health service professionals and others. To act as the first point of contact for patients contacting the Practice and to portray the Practice in the highest possible professional basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patients and visitors to the practice.
- Book in, amend and cancel patient appointment onto the calendar in-line with practice appointments procedures ensuring optimum efficiency of the appointment system.
- Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for deposits and private services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc. are filed electronically in the correct patient record.
- Ensure reception, waiting areas, clinical rooms and the sterilisation room are kept neat and tidy and in readiness for service delivery.
- Re-stocking of medical supplies and patient information leaflets as appropriate
- Answering incoming telephone calls, emails and Facebook messages ensuring all is documented and redirected accordingly.
- Undertake administration tasks as allocated on rota organised by the Practice Manager.
- Action start, and end of day procedures ensure answering machine service for out of hours information is directed appropriately – switched to answer machine at close of business each day.
- Booking and sending medical and dentistry lab work to the respective laboratories.
- Preparing and printing documents/ prescriptions and repeat prescriptions
- Opening days for specialists, booking nurses and sending daily reminders and organizing replacement staff for rescheduled appointments.
- Preparing and sending Doctor’s referrals and other general postal in/out duties
Assignment of Work The Practice Manager provides immediate line-management for the post-holder. The post holder will take instruction on a day to day basis from the Practice Manager or nominated Deputy. However, the post-holder is expected to be self-directed and self-motivated using their own initiative and requiring minimum input from the Practice Manager. The Post-holder’s work is formally reviewed by annual appraisal.
- Be a native Polish Speaker or have an excellent command of Polish language both verbally and in writing at C2 Level.
- The post-holder is required to use her/his own initiative when dealing with problems and to make any reasonable and necessary decisions on events as they occur.
- Responding to requests or queries for support as they arise in an appropriate and timeous manner.
- Making the most effective use of resources available.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships Internally and externally with colleagues, healthcare professionals and others regarding the needs of the Practice and the needs of patients registered at the Practice
- The post holder is required to be methodical and work to a structure, seeing problems through to their satisfactory conclusion, prioritizing accordingly.
- The post-holder is required to work in a well-organised and professional manner to meet the demands of the work, maintaining concentration and accuracy.
- The post-holder is often required to work independently of others and to be self-determined.
- The post holder is required to communicate professionally and effectively and possess an aptitude for dealing with potentially difficult or demanding situations.
- The post-holder must be understanding and approachable to patients and able to respond to patient requests
- The post-holder is required to have well-developed keyboard skills and be proficient in the use of MS Office application and other web browsing systems.
- The post-holder must clearly understand the importance of maintaining patient and data confidentiality.
- Prior experience as a Dental Receptionist preferred although not mandatory and candidates without experience will be given equal consideration for the post.
Further Information • Visit our Website at www.ascroftmedical.co.uk • For a confidential discussion on the requirements of the role in more detail please contact Ms Joanna Szalanda on 0161 222 3480 or via email at HR@ascroftmedical.co.uk
How to Apply • To apply please send your CV and a short (1 page) covering letter explain why you are interested in the position to HR@ascroftmedical.co.uk
Deadline for applications • This career opportunity will remain open until this post is filled.
Other information • This is a description of the job at the time of issue. It is Ascroft Medical practice to periodically review and update job descriptions to ensure that they accurately reflect the current nature of the job and the requirements of the Practice and to incorporate reasonable changes where required, in consultation with the job holder.
• Ascroft Medical is an equal opportunities employer. A Disclosure and Barring check at the enhanced level will be required for this position.